LASOC and CLS offer many clinics and workshops on a variety of legal issues.
The following clinics and workshops are available through LASOC/CLS and our partner agencies:
- Family Law Cases Assessment Clinic
- Justice In Education Workshop
- Elder Abuse Workshop
- Orange County Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Clinic
- Unlawful Detainer Clinic (eviction defense)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Clinic
- Worker’s Rights Clinic
- Small Claims Petitions Workshop
- Small Claims Collections Workshop
Southeast Los Angeles County:
Clinic vs. Workshop
Legal Aid Society of Orange County (LASOC) offers both legal clinics and workshops. These services are both free of charge. So what’s in a name?
The key differences between these services are as follows:
- Workshops provide legal information and do not require you to be screened for eligibility, and
- Clinics provide legal advice and require you to be screened for eligibility.