Are you facing a tax controversy or problem with the Internal Revenue Service? Whether it’s back taxes or even tax court, tax issues can be stressful. At LASOC/CLS, the Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic (LITC) can provide qualified applicants with a consultation on your tax matter.
Referral to the LITC is through the Hotline. The Hotline will take information on your tax matter and provide legal advice to qualified applicants. Those who are referred to the LITC will receive a call back from a program representative to determine whether this unit may be able to assist.
- Extensions and Late Filing of Tax Return
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
- Taxpayer Advocate: If you’re having problems with the IRS
- Free tax return preparation with VITA.
- Internal Revenue Service
- Federal Tax forms and publications
- California Franchise Tax Board
- What to do if you can’t pay your taxes
- Child Tax Credit
- Child and Dependent Care Expenses
- Elderly and Disabled Tax Credit
- Federal Tax Law