Are you facing employment law issues? Whether it’s wage claims or unlawful termination, employment issues can be stressful. At LASOC/CLS, our Hotline is equipped to answer many tough employment law questions. If you seek legal advice regarding any of the following issues and qualify for services, you may be able to get free legal advice on our Hotline: discrimination, employee rights, employee safety, worker’s compensation, unemployment benefits, wage claims, Fair Labor Standards Act issues, agricultural worker issues, and/or other employment law issues.
LASOC/CLS also offers the following services* and resources in the area of employment law:
- Worker’s Rights Clinic
- Orange County Seniors Legal Advocacy Program Callback
- Office appointments
- Referrals to partnering agencies
- Referrals to self-help services
- Community help agencies database
*Placement in clinics, appointments, or other services lies at the discretion of LASOC/CLS staff. Services are offered based on a variety of factors, including need, availability, and evaluation of each legal matter’s independent facts.
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission – employment discrimination, filing a complaint
- Policies & Procedures for Wage Claim Processing – information about filing a claim for unpaid wages
- Occupational Safety and Health – safe and healthful working conditions
- Worker’s Compensation – claims settlement, benefits and rehabilitation for on-the-job injuries
- California Employment Development Department – filing claims for unemployment insurance (UI) or for state disability (SDI) benefits
- California Department of Industrial Relations – information about employee’s rights regarding wage claims, working conditions and on-the-job injuries