POSITION: Administrative Clerk II
SUPERVISOR: Director of Finance and Operations
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full time, Hourly, Non-Exempt, Temporary may lead to Regular Employment
SALARY RANGE: $33,853 – $46,157 Depending on Experience
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Legal Aid Society of Orange County (LASOC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was founded in 1958 for the purpose of providing civil legal services to low income individuals and seniors. It has two offices in Orange County and two offices in Southeast Los Angeles County, where it is known as Community Legal Services. LASOC/CLS seeks an energetic, motivated and well-organized Legal Secretary to support the Director of Litigation and the Litigation Unit.
Candidate must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to work closely with the Administrative Staff including the Executive Director, the Director of Finance and Operations, the Controller, and the Executive Assistant. The Administrative Clerk will perform a wide range of administrative and clerical support duties for the Administrative staff.
DESCRIPTION OF KEY FUNCTIONS
- Handling logistics for Board of Directors including preparing agenda, sending out meeting notices, coordinating, preparing and assembling materials for the meeting and arranging for staff presentations. Assisting board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed;
- Planning staff meetings, coordinating logistics and taking detailed minutes;
- Maintaining a system for ordering supplies and office equipment;
- Maintaining an inventory system;
- Undertaking administrative duties related to banking and payables;
- Booking travel arrangements for management staff;
- Submitting and reconciling expense reports; and
- Preparing correspondence and detailed reports, as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- A minimum of two and a half years of experience which would demonstrate the possession of the required knowledge and abilities;
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize and use initiative;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, volunteers and external partners.
Fringe benefits include: 401-K, medical, dental, LTD, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
THE LEGAL AID SOCIETY OF ORANGE COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER