We are looking for volunteers who are interested in placement with LASOC’s Compton/Norwalk Office as well as corresponding Courthouse Self-Help Center and Restraining Order Clinic. Learn about family law, civil matters, restraining orders and unlawful detainers.
This position is perfect for paralegal or law students wanting to network and gain experience in the field.
Benefits of the Position:
- Gain experience in the legal field – no prior experience necessary
- Join a community of passionate legal professionals
- Give back to your community
- Great resume builder
- Flexible schedule
- English and multilingual help needed, especially Spanish
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate
- Certified paralegals, paralegal and law students preferred
- Basic knowledge of the legal system
- Attention to detail
- Empathy for our diverse client community and workforce
- Passion for justice and advocacy
To apply, please e-mail resume and cover letter to Christine Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.