To apply to a position listed below, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out our online application below.
The Legal Aid Society of Orange County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current paid opportunities are below. (If you are looking for volunteer, intern, or extern opportunities, click here.)
Current Job Postings
Evening and weekend work and local travel are required. Work week is 35 hours per week. Hourly rate: $14.10 to $20.24 depending on experience. Fringe benefits include: 401-K, medical, dental, LTD, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
Help Desk Support is the first point of contact for users seeking assistance on technical issues on-site, over the phone, or through email. Assist Systems Administrator on configuration and implementation of improvements to local and remote computer systems and infrastructure.
The office maintenance duties include, but are not limited to, minor facilities repair and maintenance, relocating office equipment, and assisting Operations Manager in various tasks.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve technical issues for end-users;
- Configure, deliver, and setup end-user desktop hardware, software, and peripherals for deployment;
- Escalate unresolved issues to Systems Administrator;
- Create, maintain, and update network documentation and user guides;
- Perform maintenance and repair tasks around the office;
- Build, install, and relocate office and facility equipment, and
- Maintain inventory of parts and supplies necessary to support facility operations.
- Two years of experience and knowledge working in a Computer Technician role in a Windows environment;
- Experience supporting Windows desktop environments and applications;
- Experience working with ticketing systems;
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Basic Time Management skills;
- Basic building trade skills;
- Understanding of safety procedures and practices;
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication skills and work ethic, and
- Strong customer service orientation.
SUPERVISOR: Directing Attorney and Litigation Unit Attorneys
WAGE RANGE: $33,547 to $50,709 depending on experience
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full time 35-hour work week, hourly, non-exempt
Job Overview: Legal Aid Society of Orange County (LASOC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was founded in 1958 for the purpose of providing civil legal services to low income individuals and seniors. It has two offices in Orange County and two offices in Southeast Los Angeles County, where it is known as Community Legal Services (CLS). LASOC seeks an experienced, energetic, motivated, personable and effective Paralegal to be part of the Santa Ana Litigation Unit (visit www.legal-aid.com for more information about us). LASOC handles legal problems in a wide range of civil areas including, but not limited to, family law, housing, government benefits, consumer, health and education. Under the supervision of an attorney, the paralegal will interview clients (including interviewing homeless clients at locations where the homeless congregate), maintain client files, prepare legal forms, pleadings, other writings in connection with trials, settlements, and other legal proceedings and represent clients at administrative hearings.
Essential Job Duties
- Conducting Initial interview with client, including fact gathering, determining the nature of the case and what the client wants and maintaining client files;
- Handle increasingly complex matters involved in legal proceedings including negotiation, and representing clients in administrative hearings;
- Preparation of legal forms, applications, affidavits, petitions and other writings in connection with trials, settlements and other legal proceedings;
- Observes confidentiality of attorney-client relationship;
- Maintains calendar and deadline reminder systems, as needed;
- Assist Litigation unit with motions, discovery, evidence binders, and other Federal Civil Procedure;
- Assist with court filings and trials;
- As assigned, travels outside of the office to community engagement events, educational outreach.
Strong technical skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and research tools including Westlaw and LexisNexis is required. The candidate should possess excellent analytical, communication, writing, and organizational skills, and have the ability to manage multiple complex tasks concurrently in a professional and efficient manner. The paralegal should exhibit excellent attention to detail, be a team player, and able to work under pressure.
Bilingual English/Spanish or Vietnamese Preferred
Educational and Experience Requirements Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate required. Must have one 1 ½ years of experience as a paralegal. We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes: paid holidays; vacation; sick leave; medical/dental insurance, 401k with employer contribution; life insurance; and long-term disability.
TO APPLY, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and click the link ABOVE to fill out our application. The position is open until filled.
The Legal Aid Society of Orange County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ###
SUPERVISOR: Director of Finance and Operations
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full time, Hourly, Non-Exempt, Temporary; may lead to Regular Employment
SALARY RANGE: $33,853 - $46,157 Depending on Experience
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Legal Aid Society of Orange County (LASOC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was founded in 1958 for the purpose of providing civil legal services to low income individuals and seniors. It has two offices in Orange County and two offices in Southeast Los Angeles County, where it is known as Community Legal Services.
Candidate must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to work closely with the Administrative Staff including the Executive Director, the Director of Finance and Operations, the Controller, and the Executive Assistant. The Administrative Clerk will perform a wide range of administrative and clerical support duties for the Administrative staff.
DESCRIPTION OF KEY FUNCTIONS
- Handling logistics for Board of Directors including, preparing and assembling materials for the meeting and arranging for staff presentations. Assisting board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed;
- Planning staff meetings, coordinating logistics and taking detailed minutes;
- Maintaining a system for ordering supplies and office equipment;
- Maintaining an inventory system;
- Undertaking administrative duties related to banking and payables;
- Booking travel arrangements for management staff;
- Submitting and reconciling expense reports; and
- Preparing correspondence and detailed reports, as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- A minimum of two and a half years of experience which would demonstrate the possession of the required knowledge and abilities;
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize and use initiative;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, volunteers and external partners.
Fringe benefits include: 401-K, medical, dental, LTD, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
THE LEGAL AID SOCIETY OF ORANGE COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Please be advised that all applicants for the Health unit and all permanent staff positions must be willing to undergo a Live Scan background check to be considered for a position. The background check process can be lengthy and, if offered a position, duties may be modified until background results have cleared.